[kde-linux] Installation problem

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Jun 16 10:08:51 UTC 2010

Roee Saroosi posted on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:58:01 +0300 as excerpted:

> I was wondering whether I could get some help with the installation
> since I have tried to figure it out but I am still kinda new to this
> environment.
>
> I understand that I first need to install QT, but I keep getting this
> error message once I run the configure script:

> -I/home/rsaroosi/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3/src/corelib/global
>     -I/home/rsaroosi/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3/src/corelib/xml
>     -I/home/rsaroosi/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3/tools/shared
>     -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC
>     -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS
>     -I/home/rsaroosi/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3/mkspecs/linux-g
> ++
>     -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT
> -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT
>     project.cpp
>     make: g++: Command not found
>     make: *** [project.o] Error 127
>
> any suggestions...?

First, please use plain text, not HTML, when posting on the mailing
lists.  Many regulars use clients that don't parse HTML for security or
other reasons, and the raw HTML isn't very nice to try to read or reply to.

Meanwhile, to answer your question, g++ is the C++ compiler portion of
gcc.  Make can't find it.  Is it located in your $PATH?