[kde-linux] Resetting digital clock in panel to 24 hour format?

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 10 23:24:03 UTC 2010

On 07/10/10 12:33, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2010 17:37:34 Peter Gahzinia wrote:
>> Thomas Taylor<linxt<at>  comcast.net>  writes:
>>> Hi Folks;
>>>
>>> Is there a way to reset the digital clock display on the panel to use 24
>>> hour notation?  I've tried right clicking it but couldn't find anything
>>> there to reset it.  Nor did I find anything in Start>  Configure Desktop
>>> 24 hour format under the analog clock.
>>>
>>> Not an earth shaking problem, just an annoyance.  When playing around in
>>> an earlier version of KDE, I was able to accomplish it by setting
>>> language to British english as I recall bit I'd prefer US english due to
>>> spelling diferences.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Tom
>>
>> Were you able to make any progress on this? I just installed Fedora 13 and
>> can't get the digital clock to display in 24 hour time.
>>
>> As a side note, top posting>  bottom posting ;p
>>
> You should be able to get that from System Settings>  Locale>  Country/Region
> &  Language ->  Time&  Dates tab.

I might mention here that you changes will not take effect immediately.
  At the minimum, you will have to kill: "plasma-desktop" and restart
it.  Open a Konsole and:

	killall plasma-desktop

background will go black, then:

	plasma-desktop

Sometimes plasma changes don't take effect unless you log out of your
KDE session and delete the cache files.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch