[kde-linux] kdebase from the 4.4 branch depends on phonon from trunk

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 21 16:50:39 UTC 2010

Trent Shea wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm not too sure where this post belongs... I'd like to know if
> there's going to be a tagged version of phonon that the 4.4 branch is
> going to depend on. Right now I'm unable to build against
> phonon-4.3.1 or qt's phonon.

Rather than install the individual support applications, it is easier to
install KDESupport.  Since there isn't a tagged version for 4.4 yet, you
should install TRUNK:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/LFS#TRUNK_and_KDE-4.4

If you do not want to use KDESupport, then use this:

   svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport/phonon

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch