[kde-linux] Problem in quanta plus

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Wed Jan 13 16:50:16 UTC 2010

Am Tuesday 12 January 2010 15:41:42 schrieb ashish khandelwal:
> I am using quanta plus in my ubuntu linux PC.I am not able to open samba
> server shared files by giving smb://192.168.0.6 or by opening it directly
> from open files.It is not showing samba server shared files although i
> have already mounted the samba server files in my PC.Is there any way to
> open samba server's shared files in ubuntu as other PHP editors are able
> to open those files directly without copying them to local PC.

the problem is most probably due to the bad support for quanta/kde3 apps in
ubuntu: missing kio-slaves from kde3.
I'm afraid you can't do much here, without compiling all the necessary kde3
stuff from source.
alternatively, you can ask on a ubuntu list or forum, if anyone has a better
proposal.

werner