[kde-linux] Help restoring the bottom standard KDE bar.(clock, application launcher etc.)

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 11 05:31:42 UTC 2010

alexandre suzuki wrote:
> I accidentally erased my bottom standard KDE bar where is the
> clock,application launcher etc.How can I restore it?

This depends on whether you have customized your desktop.  Since you are
asking, I would guess that you haven't.

To reset your desktop to the default:

Close your KDE session.  Then, either from a Virtual Terminal (Console)
or from a rood KDE session (not all distros allow this) go to:

$HOME/.kde4/share/config or $HOME/.kde/share/config

(depending on your system) and delete files: "plasma*" in that directory.

When you restart your KDE session, the desktop will be restored to its
defaults state.

NEVER delete $HOME/.kde4 or $HOME/.kde.  This is no longer the thing to
do since it might contain personal data as well configurations.  If you
want a complete reset of KDE configurations, delete the "config"
directory from: $HOME/.kde/share or $HOME/.kde4/share.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch