[kde-linux] kdepimlibs4 depends on cyrus-sasl

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Feb 27 19:13:49 UTC 2010

Richard B. Pyne posted on Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:23:16 -0700 as excerpted:

> Can someone please explain why? Not everyone in the world who uses KDE
> needs or uses SASL.

Apparently, it non-optionally builds against the cyrus-sasl libraries,
thus requiring them and their headers in ordered to build and run.  Why
it's mandatory, I don't know, but presumably enough kdepim functionality
depends on sasl that it was considered easier to make it mandatory than
not.

That's a user perspective.  For more I expect you'd need to talk to the
devs.  Maybe they'll reply as well.