[kde-linux] Time Zone settings etc.

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Feb 23 16:09:36 UTC 2010

Hi Edgar,

On Tuesday, 2010-02-23, Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working with KDE-4.4.0, self compiled ( "Scratch" ).
> Well, I need to change eg. the timezone, but "system
> settings" does not allow me to change them: "you are not
> allowed to save the configuration".
>
> Help: what shall I do to recover administrator rights ?  Even
> using "kdesu systemsettings" I am not allowed to do
> anything  :-(
> That is a little too much safety in a closed shop.

I am on KDE SC 4.3.4 from Debian packages so this is just a guess based on the
release annoucement of KDE SC 4.4.

Acquiring elevated priviledges is now handled through KAuth which in turn
performs priviledged actions through policykit or polkit (always forget which
one is the current one and which one the future one).

Maybe one of these is missing in your build.

James will probably have better information on that, he's the build from
scratch guru around here.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring