[kde-linux] Dolphin opening a text file as root with Kwrite.

Mike Edenfield kutulu at kutulu.org
Mon Feb 22 15:03:46 UTC 2010

On 2/21/2010 3:04 PM, Dale wrote:

> Could I edit the menu item and put a kdeinit4 && <rest of command to
> open Dolhin here>?  Would that work or would that cause a mess?  Is this
> something that should be reported as a bug?

You don't even need the &&.  kdeinit4 is meant to be used to launch
other applications.  It does its preloading and startup stuff, then
exec's its own parameter list as a command.

If you look at your 'ps' output you'll notice a lot of the startup
applications running as 'kdeinit4 <whatever>'.  So just use 'kdeinit4
dolphin --whatever' as the command in the .desktop file.

--Mike