[kde-linux] Dolphin opening a text file as root with Kwrite.

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 20:54:29 UTC 2010

> On 2/18/2010 2:49 PM, Dale wrote:
>

>> Thing is, they are phasing out all the KDE 3 stuff.  I can't even
>> install kwrite3 here.
>>
> Konqueror is still around in KDE4, it's just not the default file
> manager anymore.  You can put it back, though, in the System Settings:
>
> Settings ->  Advanced ->  File Associations ->  inode ->  directory
>
> and change the priority order.  Do the same thing for mount_point, and
> replace the Dolphin shortcut in your Favorites with Konqueror.
>
> Alternately, you can still get the 3.5 stuff from the kde-sunset
> overlay.  You'll have to unmask them, and set the kdeprefix USE flag so
> it will go into a separate directory than KDE4.  May or may not be worth
> your effort.
>
> --Mike

I didn't know Konqueror was still there.  I would be OK with Dolphin but
I am already used to Konqueror.  I got to try that.

I am currently running from the overlay.  I know it will go away
eventually tho.  I'm just trying to get things sorted out for KDE 4.  My
/usr partition is pretty full with both KDE 3 and KDE 4 installed.  ;-)

Thanks for the info.

Dale

:-)  :-)