[kde-linux] Dolphin opening a text file as root with Kwrite.

yahoo-pier_andreit pier_andreit at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 18 19:34:23 UTC 2010

Dale ha scritto:
> chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
>> Dale ha scritto:
>>
>>> chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:

>>> I see that it could be a security concern but it is done locally, not
>>> over some remote connection or something, and I have to edit config
>>> files as root a lot anyway.  Basically, I'm going to have to edit them
>>> as root regardless of what I use to do it.  I prefer it to be something
>>> that can be done easily so I chose to do it the same way I always have
>>> done it.
>>>
>>> It sounds like KDE is getting a little to much like windoze to me.
>>> Maybe it is time for me to start looking for a different GUI.  After
>>> all, if I can't keep my system up to date, running Kwrite as root is
>>> going to be the least of my problems.  This just seems to add to issues
>>> I already have with KDE.
>>>

>> usually I use konqueror3 for this, it works well with kwrite3
>>

> Are you talking about Konqueror from KDE 3 or is there some other
> Konqueror package floating around?

Yes konqueror from kde3

> I'm trying to get rid of KDE 3 stuff
> so that option won't be available for much longer.  Either this will be
> doable with KDE 4 or some other GUI.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)
I don't know if konqueror from kde3 needs other kde3 stuff, kde says
that kde3 software runs on kd4 natively, but it is the best file manager
I meet until now, better than dolphin and than konqueror4, and even
isn't supported for file management is enough developed I think.

Pier :-)