[kde-linux] Konqueror: tree view gone?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Feb 14 06:36:39 UTC 2010

Hellmut Weber wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using KDE-4.3.4 with Sabayon-Linux-5.1 on a lenovo ThinkPad T61.
>
> One of the most important features of konqueror for my productivity was
> in KDE-3.5.10 (which I liked a lot) the tree view in the big lower rigth
> panel with the information of the files.
> the little boxes in front of the directory names gave me the possibility
> to navigate very quickly using only the keyboard.
>
> Does this view exist in KDE-4.3.4? I can't find any menu entry in
> konqueror to use it.

The two KFM plugins for Konqueror were not ported to KDE-4.  Konqueror-4
uses the Dolphin plugin for file management.

Did you try the "Detailed View"?  You can navigate it with the cursor
keys (Up, Down, Left, Right) and can jump to files and folders in the
current directory using the first letter of the name.  As you move
right, it will open part of the tree to show your path.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch