[kde-linux] device manager doesn't give the option to open with dolphin with kodak c140

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Feb 13 15:46:06 UTC 2010

yahoo-pier_andreit posted on Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:04:58 +0100 as excerpted:

> suse linux 11.2 with kde4.4
> if I plug my kodak easyshare c140 camera by usb cable, it is recoinized
> as removable device but device manager give me only the option to
> download pictures by digikam, I would like to open it with dolphin like
> the previous camera, how can I do this? thanks for any response

Device manager is setup such that if it sees a mountable filesystem, it
will offer to open it with the file manager (dolphin, konqueror, etc,
whatever your default is configured as).  However, not all such devices
appear as mountable filesystems -- that is, some of them are loaded with
the kernel's mass storage driver (and thus have mountable filesystems),
while others use a less standard scheme that the dedicated app (camera app
for images, music app for music) understands, but that isn't exposed as a
generally mountable filesystem using the kernel's mass storage driver.

I suspect that's what's happening in your case.  You could check the logs
and see...