[kde-linux] [kde] Phonon-4.4; KDESupport-4.4

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 13 06:28:48 UTC 2010

James Tyrer wrote:
> You can now obtain a Phonon-4.4.0 release, or at least a stable RC.
>
> You should use the KDE Phonon release rather than the one the comes with Qt.
>
> IIUC, KDE Phonon is never actually released except in the SVN archives.
>   For some reason you will not find it where it would be expected in
> "/tags/phonon" but it is available here: "/tags/kdesupport-for-4.4/phonon".
>
> I still recommend that if you are building from source that you checkout
> the whole "/tags/kdesupport-for-4.4" directory rather than downloading
> the individual packages.  Except that you should still not install QCA
> from KDESupport (it will not install if you build the tree from the:
> "kdesupport-for-4.4" directory), but rather download the tarball.
>
> Note that although this is a TAG, that the previous KDESupport TAGs have
> been updated (another reason to use SVN) so you should check for updates.
>
> I have updated the build tutorial:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4.x
>
> following the release of KDE-4.4.0

My patience is wearing a bit thin.  We are clearly lacking TQM.

The SVN for KDE-Support-4.4 is seriously broken DO NOT USE IT.

USE:

      svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport -r1087679

This is, I think, what KDE-Support-4.4 should be.

David Faure, please fix this.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch