[kde-linux] Re: KDE on high resolution monitor

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Dec 13 01:36:25 UTC 2010

Felix Miata posted on Sun, 12 Dec 2010 07:58:04 -0500 as excerpted:

>> the content of 50-monitor.conf is: Section "Monitor"
>>    Identifier "Default Monitor"
>
>>    ## If your monitor doesn't support DDC you may override the
>>    ## defaults here
>>    #HorizSync 28-85
>>    #VertRefresh 50-100
>
>>    ## Add your mode lines here, use e.g the cvt tool
>
>> EndSection
>
> That's the place where putting PreferredMode and DisplaySize should
> work, but NVidia drivers are an exception. You may need similar to as
> follows:
>
>    Option    "UseEdidDpi"  "FALSE"
>    Option    "DPI"  "144 x 144"

Looks like you have it covered, and know the nVidia settings too, which I
don't.

Only from what YPA posted elsewhere, that 96 worked better than 120, maybe
he needs to go down with the DPI instead of up (for whatever reason that
always seems to confuse me and I end up going the wrong way at first,
maybe I'm not the only one).

Maybe 72?  As that'd be half his default 144, it should make a HUGE
difference.