[kde-linux] konq-plugins

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Aug 27 01:48:46 UTC 2010

James Tyrer posted on Thu, 26 Aug 2010 04:14:26 -0700 as excerpted:

> On 08/25/10 17:08, Duncan wrote:
>> James Tyrer posted on Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:06:32 -0700 as excerpted:
>>
>>>    Where is the file for: "konq-plugins-4.5.0?
>> Hmm...  I still have 4.4.0 installed here... on a generally 4.5 kde
>> (Gentoo).  Maybe they haven't released anything since then?  (Tho I've
>> not updated in the last week or 10 days, so if it was just a bit late
>> getting up with the rest, I could simply not have it yet.)
>>
> I am getting this error with 4.4.0:
>
> -- optional cmake package FindKWebKitPart.cmake (for kwebkitpart) was
> not found.

Well, as it says, that's optional, so I don't know that I'd consider it an
error (and it shouldn't stop the build unless possibly you've specifically
turned that option on).

I don't actually know what the 4.4 status was, or how it's hooked up in kde
4.5 as I don't believe I have it, yet, but one of the big features
mentioned in the blurb for kde 4.5 and that I've seen in at least one
review of 4.5, was that with the webkit kpart found in extragear, one can
now apparently switch konqueror to using the webkit renderer instead of
khtml (upon which webkit was of course originally based).

Based on that info, I believe that's the option it's referencing, but as I
said, I've seen nothing of it here, so don't believe I have that option
enabled.  It has been on my list of stuff to investigate, but I'm working
more hours again (for which my budget is thankful), and haven't had time
even to keep up with routine updates since about the time kde 4.5.0 was
released, let alone investigate anything "on my list".

I was scheduled off today (after working 10AM to 2AM yesterday, tho I took
a couple hour break, so I slept most of today), but they called me in
again and I'll be leaving shortly, so no updates for yet another day...