[kde-linux] Not installing KDE-4.5

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 14 17:22:40 UTC 2010

  On 08/14/10 02:38, Dale wrote:
> James Tyrer wrote:
>> How do the Gentoo people
>> find this stuff out.  Do the developers refuse to help them as well, or
>> do they cooperate?
>>
> Hi,
>
> I can send you the output of a pretended tree view of kde-meta from my
> system if it will help.  I use Gentoo here too.  This should help you
> see what depends on what and the versions as well.  It's quite a long
> list tho.   If you want it, I'll send it off list.

At present I just need to get my brain adjusted so I can read terse and
ambiguous messages correctly. :-D

Duncan suggested that I probably did need the DocBook XML DTD 4.2, if
you could confirm that it would help.

Strange thing is that I appear to have it installed.  So, I looked up
the scripts in version 5.0 of Beyond Linux From Scratch and reinstalled
it and now that error went away.

There does seem to be a new dependency, perhaps it was optional for
KDE-4.4.  So, I installed it: LibDBusMenu-Qt version 0.3.0.  That was
the latest version.  Can you confirm that that is the correct version?
It did not build correctly due to a CMake problem.  Wonder if Gentoo has
found this and if there is a patch.

And then I found that there is a Qt upgrade to 4.6.3 so it will take a
while till I can continue on KDE-4.5 as I am now rebuilding KDE-4.4
against the new Qt version.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch