[kde-linux] Contacts in KDE 4.4.4

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 12 10:39:09 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 11 August 2010 13:49:16 Admin wrote:
> Thanks.
> I've tried playing around with groups. But somehow I don't get it.
> I can create a new group but thats about it.

As I think I said, I don't use OpenSUSE, but this is what should happen.  You
should see the group you created in the addressbook, with an icon that
signifies more than one recipient.  Assuming that's so, you have created the
group.  Right-click on it and select Edit Group.  You get a box with two
columns, Name and email address.  You cannot add any entry that doesn't
already have an addressbook entry.  Start to type a name that is in your
addressbook and you should see a drop-down of all names that match what you
typed so far.  Select the correct one and the email address is added for you.
When you've finished, hit OK, and you should see the list of names in your
right-hand column when you highlight the group name.

KDE Community Working Group