[kde-linux] Alt-F1 shortcut (Kicker) disappears

Bruce Miller subscribe at brmiller.ca
Sat Apr 17 16:30:08 UTC 2010

Reply bottom posted.----- Original Message ----

Kicker was an application in KDE 3.x that provided one or more
> docked panels.
It wasn't the only one for KDE 3.x.

In KDE 4.x
> there is no more kicker application.  Instead the panels are
handled by
> the same thing that handles wallpaper and widgets: plasma-desktop.

As far
> as Alt+F1, I seem to remember that it works with "Application Launcher
Menu"
> and "Lancelot", but that "Application Launcher" (the default) has issues

with it.  You should read the archives, it came up earlier this
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.

My bad. The new term is "Kickoff,"; "Kicker" is, as you correctly pointed out, the term for the corresponding KDE 3.x function.