[kde-linux] Problems with CACert Certs

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 19:59:07 UTC 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 16:50:53 Sascha Manns wrote:
> Hello Mates,
>
> i've created a Cert in CACerts Website, and have saved it in Firefox.
> After that i have made an Backup from this files.
>
> Then i've imported that into kleopatra without any Errors. I can see my
> Cert in kleopatra.
>
> Now i'm going to Kmail/Identities and into the Crypt Window i tried both
> S/MIME Fields. I searched for my Emailadress, and in the first Field
> (Signcert) nothing was found. In the next  Field (Encryption) i found my
> cert. But if i clicking on that i'm seeing an red cross, and i can't
> select that. (Pics attached).
>
> Maybe anyone can help me?

I just had what I think is the same problem.
The solution was in /home/<user>/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf add the line:
allow-mark-trusted

and/or in Kleopatra=>Settings=>Configure=>GnuPG System=>GPG Agent check
"Allow clients to mark keys as trusted".

After doing so I was asked if I wanted to trust the certificates, I said yes
and my certificate showed up OK in KMail.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen