[kde-linux] Have lost the launch button on KDE4

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 6 13:11:26 UTC 2009

James Kerr wrote:
> On Sunday 06 September 2009 James Kerr wrote:
>

>> On Sunday 06 September 2009 AG wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Somehow (i.e. an example of PEBKAC), I managed to lose the launch
>>> button that was originally positioned to the extreme left of the
>>> kicker panel on a fresh install.  It was the button that launched
>>> menus, settings, etc.  But I don't know what it is called and
>>> can't seem to find a way of bringing it back.
>>>
>> Add the Application Launcher widget to the Panel:
>>
>> http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/FAQ/HowTo#Panel
>>

> Sorry - this is the link I meant to provide:
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/FAQ/HowTo#Panel_Widgets
>
> Jim

Thanks Jim

Sorry - should have been clearer in my request.  What is the widget
called that one gets when one first launches KDE4 so that I know what to
drag to the panel.  It isn't the "K-menu", but the one that, from
memory, allows one to access different tasks, recent files, etc., in a
series of slides (a bit like the default WindowsXP menu).

Cheers

AG