[kde-linux] clock off by an hour

Philipp Paul bobbor.pap at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 28 11:44:10 UTC 2009

i was quite surprised as well, but there really seems to exist a folder
named "US" in the zoneinfo directory in gentoo.

Could this problem have anything to do with daylight savings? since cancun
and chicago are both GMT-6 but only chicago has +1hour dalight saving time

so if you choose US/Central you get the right timezone but no daylight
changes. and since Cancun is a city where there seems to be no daylight
changes at all (correct me if i'm wrong), KDE chooses Cancun automatically