[kde-linux] clock off by an hour

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 03:04:58 UTC 2009

> Is it possible that you selected a different time zone?  It may also be
> checking or unchecking daylight savings time too.
>
> Just a couple things to check on.

Ok, so it looks like the system settings date and time displays the
system time, but the clock applet displays the system time, offset by
the timezone.  Somehow KDE keeps putting me back on cancun time.  I've
tried deleting the tz file for KDE, I've tried setting my time zone to
Chicago, but it keeps putting itself back on Cancun time.  I found the
setting in the digital clock applet where it lets me set its timezone
specifically, so now my system time (which is US/Central) agrees with
my digital clock, which is manually set to Chicago, but somehow KDE
keeps putting itself back on Cancun time.  How can it do that?  Is
there some diabolical process that keeps "fixing" my system to put me
in cancun?  Does anybody have any hints on what process that would be,
so I can kill it?  I've tried grepping through my entire .kde4 dir,
and aside from the ktimezonedrc that I keep deleting, there is no
mention of cancun anywhere.