[kde-linux] KWifiManager ?

erich.klose at networld.at erich.klose at networld.at
Wed Oct 14 23:49:41 UTC 2009

Zitat von "Dr. Edgar Alwers" <edgaralwers at gmx.de>:

> On Wednesday 14 October 2009 15:30:26 erich.klose at networld.at wrote:
> >
> > I follow you problem with wifi from the beginning.I use suse 11.1 with
> > kde4.3 from the suse factory service.As I remember I only had problem when
> > suse changed from 3.x to 4.1 (almost one year ago). But I could solve them
> > by removing the old ~/.kde order. Right now we can choose witch one we
> like
> > to use, and both are working fine as well.
> >
> Hello Erich,
>
> I was working with a new installed SuSE 11.1 on a PC in the "Volkshochschule
>
> Weinheim". They have KDE-4. The wifi-Manager is there "kwifimanager" (
> kde-3.5
> ) and not "NetworkManager", what seems to be the intended kde-4 plasmoid.
> At home, I built sometime ago kde-3.5, and now, I added a user "kde4" that
> works with kde-4. I can smootly change over ( switch user ) , in both systems
>
> I am controlling wifi with "kwifimanager". The point was only the posibility
>
> of work under kde-4 with "NetworkManager", and I could not solve it. But as
> said, it is not a major issue.
> Thanks for your comment,
> Edgar
> --
> ----------------------
> Dr. Edgar Alwers
> Weinheim

Kwifimanager under suse you'll find in th rpm kdenetwork3-wireless-3.5.10-12.10
- WLAN-Karten Manager

kdenetwork3-wireless - WLAN-Karten Manager

Version:
3.5.10-12.10
Provides:
kwifimanager
kcm_wifi.so()(64bit)
libkwireless.so()(64bit)
kdenetwork3-wireless = 3.5.10-12.10

And networkmanager

Installierte Version
0.7.0.r4359-15.2.2
libnm-settings-plugin-ifcfg-suse.so()(64bit)
libnm-settings-plugin-keyfile.so()(64bit)
nm-pppd-plugin.so()(64bit)
dhcdbd <= 1.14
NetworkManager = 0.7.0.r4359-15.2.2

NetworkManager-kde4-0.9.svn1028043-113.2 - NetworkManager client for KDE 4

Version
0.9.svn1028043-113.2
NetworkManager-client
NetworkManager-kde4 = 0.9.svn1028043-113.2

plasmoid-networkmanagement - NetworkManager client for KDE 4
0.9.svn1028043-113.2
NetworkManager-client
kded_networkmanagement.so()(64bit)
plasma_applet_networkmanagement.so()(64bit)
plasmoid-networkmanagement = 0.9.svn1028043-113.2

An as I know opensuse use kwifimanager only under kde3-runtime.By default the
set the networkmanager.My this is because kwifimanager was writen for kde3(2).
I`m sorry that this will not realy help you much. But I like it more than the
°old" wifimanager.And on my laptop it`s working for all kind of networks.I even
could configure my umts-usb stick under one gui.