[kde-linux] KWifiManager ?

erich.klose at networld.at erich.klose at networld.at
Wed Oct 14 13:30:26 UTC 2009

Zitat von "Dr. Edgar Alwers" <edgaralwers at gmx.de>:

> On Sunday 11 October 2009 16:00:44 you wrote:
> >
> > Did your run:
> >
> > autoreconf -f -i
> >
> > after applying the patch?
>
> Hi James,
>
> no, I did not. After doing so, I got an error message. Then, I simple started
>
> a ./configure  again. This time, I got a message, "no package 'libnl-1'
> found.". I downloaded "libnl-1.0-pre6" and built it. "make" fails with an
> error "in function __str2type ULONG_MAX not declared". No idea what this
> means.
>
> I then went to compile "wicd-1.6.2.2"  The compilation with "pyython" seems
> be OK. Calling the program, however, results in a runtime error " no module
> named gobject". Searching for "gobject", I got the information, that this
> module is beeing installed by gtk-2. OK, I had already installed GTK-2 some
> weeks ago, so  I do not know what could be now wrong here.
>
> After this experiences, I just decided to install the good old "kwifimanager"
>
> from KDE-3.5, what solved my problems and is working smootly..
>
> It was interesting for me to see last Saturday, on a PC equiped with SuSE 11,
>
> that the SuSE people are also using the kde-3.5  kwifimanager.
>
> It seems, that KDE-4 has at this time not a practicable own solution for the
>
> management of wireless communications.  No problem, as KDE-3.5 will help. but
>
> this is another one of this little issues that are still making kde-4 nasty.
>
> Anyway, thank you very much to all who have helped with hints, comments etc.
> learned a lot in the past days.
>
> Edgar
>
> --
> Dr. Edgar Alwers
> Weinheim

I follow you problem with wifi from the beginning.I use suse 11.1 with kde4.3
from the suse factory service.As I remember I only had problem when suse changed
from 3.x to 4.1 (almost one year ago). But I could solve them by removing the
old ~/.kde order. Right now we can choose witch one we like to use, and both are
working fine as well.