[kde-linux] KWifiManager ?

Bob McGowan bob_mcgowan at symantec.com
Mon Oct 12 16:18:20 UTC 2009

Rajko M. wrote:
> On Friday 09 October 2009 02:21:22 Werner Joss wrote:
>> I recommend to give wicd - http://wicd.sourceforge.net/ a try, works much
>> better than any kde based wifimanager I've ever come around.
>
> Try the newest incarnation of Knetworkmanager it needs some work on UI, but it
> is functional. I have no problems to connect to my network. Will did a goo
> job.

I would second Werner Joss' suggestion to look at wicd.  I've had issues
with wifimanager based tools on some setups, where wicd on the same
system work flawlessly.  The only caveat is that I've not been using a
KDE4 based environment.

I think the interface is much easier to use, very streamlined, and
almost completely intuitive (you still may need to know some basic
networking concepts, for static IP setup, like netmasks and gateways,
but then, 'we' probably should in any case ;)

--
Bob McGowan