[kde-linux] OT: Sig remnants (was KWifiManager ?)

Rajko M. rmatov101 at charter.net
Sat Oct 10 13:30:44 UTC 2009

On Saturday 10 October 2009 07:34:38 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On 10/10/09 10:09, Rajko M. wrote:
> > That world is far from perfect, tells list of mime types in Anne's mail,
> > showed in KMail. It is listed like this:
> > -Body (nothing, just container)
> > --internal part (actual message)
> > --digitally signed message part (gpg signature)
> > -body part (the KDE ML footer)
>
> And this one treats the whole as one.  What differences do you see in
> the three messages?
>
> Anne

First 2 test messages have not Description window with:
Re: [kde-linux] OT: Sig remnants (was KWifiManager ?)
-Body part
--internal part
--OpenPGP digital signature
-body part

and third has, just the same as one written with KMail.
In KMail first 2 open as it should, all is stripped from signature below, 3rd
with KDE ML footer.

Now a Thunderbird part.
Method is to save messages as .mbox files and open with the Thunderbird.

First 2 have signature separator changed to
'- -- ' (dash space dash dash space)
third not.

The result is that when I attempt to reply to list (it will use Thunderbird)
with first 2 it will include just about all in a message including digital
signature, third as usual just KDE ML footer.

In other words Thunderbird workflow has some glitches.
It would be nice to see how it works for people using Seamonkey and
Thunderbird.

--
Regards, Rajko

People of openSUSE editor.