[kde-linux] KWifiManager ?

Dr. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Fri Oct 9 11:44:40 UTC 2009

On Friday 09 October 2009 00:47:11 James Tyrer wrote:

> Sorry to say that I don't have a network.  An optional dependency for
> KDEBase is the the NetworkManager program:
>
> http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/

Unfortunately, this program does only compile for one of eight distros. I am
building my system by my own ( Linux From Scratch ), and the program does not
build !!
BTW: I hope this is an error and a unique case ! I do not like _absolutely_
the idea, to be dependent of a distro when using Linux ! It looks for me like
the first step to a windows-surrogat !

Edgar