[kde-linux] Desktop widget like Windows Vista sidebar/clock thing?

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Wed Oct 7 19:34:14 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009, Thelwyn wrote:
> > Hmm, let's look at this: you had a car working very well. Someone takes
> > it away and replaces it with a new one, that only partly works as you
> > where used
> > to. You feel you should thank him for working hard to improve the new car
> > or
> > unhappy because he removed the old one?
>
> A car you bought or a car that you were given for free ?

What does it change? I this case they where both given for free.

Are you saying that because a software is given for free I must just say "how
wonderful" whatever the people creating this software decide to do?

I'm not saying I am not thankful for the work of the developers, I say I'd be
more grateful if they had worked another way, or actually if they had not
worked at all!

After all, if no one wants to hear what the unhappy users have to say, let's
free software become soviet software: only positive opinions are published
(one can certainly develop appropriate filters) or use a variation of that
famous rule:

Rule 1: everything the devs do is wonderful
Rule 2: if it happens that what they do is not wonderful, rule 1 applies...

So yes, thank you so much for using your time to create software that I don't
want to use... but wait, if I don't want to use their software why do I
bother to write here?

What a wonderful world: commercial software devs don't care about user's
opinion if they don't purchase enough licenses, and free devs don't care
about the opinion of users because they don't pay any license :)

Well sorry, I do like KDE and I do wish I can still use it, so you'll probably
have to read some of my comments in the future....

Thierry