[kde-linux] Desktop widget like Windows Vista sidebar/clock thing?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 21:28:42 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 20:51:14 Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> [ Comments below, in line ]
>
> On Tuesday 06 October 2009 at 3:47 pm, david penned
> about "Re: [kde-linux] Desktop widget like Windows Vista
>  sidebar/clock	thing?"
>
> > > OTOH, if you would really like to do something extra nice ;-) Hans Chen
> > > (Mogger) shows you, on http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/FAQ/HowTo how
> > > make an animated gif mini-how-to video.  He gives the code to do it.
> > >
> > > Either way, yes, it would be good to see it on userbase.
> >
> > Please don't waste the time doing the kewl-but-useless little animated
> > video things. (I loath them in other OSes, too.)
>
> FWIW, I found the cited item useful.
>
> I suspect this is a `I like vanilla you like chocolate' type of
> discussion.   :)
>
> Cheers,

Two comments -

Remember that not everyone has the same command of English, so the written
description may not be as clear to one person as to another

"A picture is worth a thousand words".  I've seen video demonstrations like
this and instantly understood something about which the written description
left me utterly confused.

In most cases I prefer words, but where new concepts are involved there's a
lot to be said for pictures.