[kde-linux] Desktop widget like Windows Vista sidebar/clock thing?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:49:42 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 17:27:17 Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 October 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > David, if you do decide to try for KDE4, set the desktop type to
> > Folderview. Most things then function just as they did in KDE3.  It's a
> > good way to start off a new user.
> >
> > Anne
>
> It also as a flavour of good old cli *nix: you need to open a console to
>  mount anything :)  I suppose they call it a feature....
>
> Thierry

I beg your pardon?  Is this a feature of the folderview desktop?  (I'm not
going to change to it, because I have to resize all my widgets when I change
back, and I can't be bothered tonight.)  I use the plain KDE4 desktop and have
never mounted anything from the CLI. even on 4.0.  My fixed drives (including
remote ones) are mounted from fstab and removables from the device notifier,
or in dolphin if it's already open.