[kde-linux] Desktop widget like Windows Vista sidebar/clock thing?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Oct 6 13:55:33 UTC 2009

Thomas Olsen posted on Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:20:50 +0200 as excerpted:

> I don't think it requires anything else than javascript but here's a
> direct link:
>
> http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Qbdjgwp9Z-
> I/Ssm68TyHQ5I/AAAAAAAAAJE/IyG4SK85Lsg/s800/sidebar.png

I tried it in firefox when konqueror didn't work (since firefox/noscript/
jsview makes scripting so much easier to control than konqueror, and
clicking the allow-page made the unsupported but you're welcome to look
around box go away, but it didn't actually display anything still.

Turns out I needed to specifically enable ggpht's script, however, as the
toggle-page didn't toggle it for some reason, even tho it wasn't in the
untrusted list (in fact, nothing on the page was).

Thanks for the direct-link, tho.  The photo was as I expected...