[kde-linux] Am I Alone?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Oct 1 07:08:19 UTC 2009

On Thursday, 2009-10-01, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 01 October 2009 00:53:37 James Tyrer wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:
> > <SNIP>
> >
> > > I've seen no such problem, so I can't comment.
> >
> > Then go to:
> >
> > http://capitalone.com/
>
> I did.  In konqueror.  It said that Capital One uses an invalid certificate
>  and cannot be trusted.  It then asked if I wanted to continue.  I said
>  'yes' and it entered the site.

A user on kde at kde.org also reported such certificate problems and I've seen
that myself as well. Initially I thought it applied to all certificates but I
think it only applies to those issued by VeriSign.

Can somebody confirm this? I.e. post a link to a SSL enabled site using a non-
VeriSign certificate?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring