[kde-linux] [SLL] New laptop suggestions

Bogus Zaba bogsub at bogzab.plus.com
Wed Nov 25 22:06:44 UTC 2009

Ski Kacoroski wrote:
> I am sold on the lenovo laptops.  They just plain work with various
> versions of linux.
>
> ski
>
> On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 19:03 -0800, Thomas Taylor wrote:
>
>> I need to get a new laptop as my old one is having problems.  I know that most
>> of the current crop of laptops are made for Winblows and lack good hardware
>> support, everything being done through software now.
>>
>> What recommendations do you people have for laptops that will run on linux
>> with minimal problems?

Agree with that. I bought a cheapish Lenovo about 12 months ago and
found that after reducing the Vista partition to a minimal part of the
disk, Slackware 12.1 with KDE installed v nicely with all hardware
working fine. Not sure if this is true of all Lenovos, but mine is also
built like a tank which suits my use (carried around on a bike nearly
every day). Their top laptop offering - Thinkpad series has a big
following among linux users, there are forums around which testify to this.

Bogus