[kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?

Admin mail at blobel.com
Tue Nov 3 03:20:10 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 12:37:19 Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> [ Comments below, in line ]
>
> On Monday 02 November 2009 at 7:13 pm, Dale penned
> about "Re: [kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?"
>
> > Okie dokie.  Let me know.  I'm still hoping to use Mandriva since I
> > am a little familiar with it.  It has been a while so I don't know
> > how much has changed since Mandrake 9.2.  ;-)
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> openSUSE 11.2 has dropped KDE 3.5  As I like to sorta be on the
> cutting edge (not bleeding!), I plan on creating a VM and installing
> openSUSE 11.2.  I'll start playing with KDE 4.x and see if I can raise
> a few bugs.  :)
>
> It's time I kicked in some help.

Here are my 2c worth.

I am using openSUSE 11.2 RC2 on my Laptop. In terms of the Laptop it actually
is a significant improvement to 11.1.

Yes you are right, KDE 3.5 has been dropped from the DVD. But all is available
through the KDE repo's.When you use MS Office and cxoffice, you most likely
will need KDE3.5 base and some other KDE 3.5 packages. Otherwise you cannot
print to PDF directly.  Or at least I have not found a way or I am missing
something.

As Okular has some printing issues, at my end, especially pdfs created from
CAD programs, it always good being able to resort back to KPDF. It actually is
a live saver at times. Print outs form Okular are a disgrace at times.

Kuickshow is also and old favorite of mine. Still available in the KDE 3.5
repo.

While I mostly use KDE 4.3.2, I still need to resort back to KDE 3.5.10 apps
at times. Otherwise I would not be able to work/print properly.

Cheers
Norbert