[kde-linux] Another KDE 4.x print problem?

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 08:20:51 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 02 November 2009 07:28:27 Duncan wrote:
>
>> The promise was made it public, the breaking of it should be kept equally
>> public.  And yes, it IS a breaking.
>>

> On mixed systems I would not find that surprising.  On my server, which runs
> CentOS, it is fully updated and nothing breaks.  As I said, 3.5 is being
> maintained as an enterprise system.  It's there if you want to use it.
>
> Anne

Then why is Gentoo removing broken KDE 3.5 packages?  Gentoo builds on
the sources so if KDE is releasing updated sources, then Gentoo should
be getting them too.  After all, the other distros has to have sources
to build off of to.  RPMs don't come out of thin air.

On a side note, I'm wanting to switch my older brother from windoze to
Linux.  Given the current state of KDE, I'm not installing Linux at
all.  KDE 3.5 is not maintained, on Gentoo at least, and KDE 4 is not
stable enough for him.  I need it to be stable and working well for
him.  I would like to install KDE 3.5.10 if I could get it all to
working then upgrade him when say KDE 4.5 comes out which should be
pretty stable.

Dale

:-)  :-)