[kde-linux] Keyboard layout problem

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Mon May 25 18:26:18 UTC 2009

James Richard Tyrer escreveu:
> Alain M. wrote:
>> this maybe a little OT, but it is KDE related too, so plese help me...
>>
>> Here in Brazil we use accents like "���". My keyboard is US, so I use
>> the alt-intl Variant. I can do this with the command:
>>    setxkbmap -model pc101 -layout us -variant alt-intl
>>
>> The problem is that DOSEMU gets confused with that and I have to revert
>> to basic with the command:
>>    setxkbmap -model pc101 -layout us -variant basic
>>
>> But this is a *global setting* :(
>>
>> WHAT I WANT is a ay to set that just for one application, is it possible?
>>
>> I have it working with a double layout, with an icon in systray to
>> select them. But this is not practical...
>>
> IIUC, you have the SysTray widget running.
>
> Have you configured this, set the "Switching Policy" to "Application"?

Yes, that is the best that I got untill now. It works...

I just wonder if that "Policy Switch" can be done from within the
script? In that way, Y could have more control about when I want wich
keyboard policy. And also prevent user errors :)

answer to Bruce   Mac Arthur:
 > can you change the application setting?
That is exactly what I want, so maybe we did not understand each other
and the above could help :)

Thanks,
Alain