[kde-linux] Digikam (or other graphics tool) question

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun May 17 00:15:27 UTC 2009

Bogus Zaba wrote:
<SNIP>
> This webpage
> http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html
> seems to describe the functionality you are looking for using the GIMP.
>
> If you have ever used the GIMP before you will know that it has a
> particular learning curve but also that it can do pretty well anything
> you like with images. Hours of fun.

The GUI for The GIMP has slowly improved and you will find that the new
options attached to the Toolbox make it much easier to control things.
I especially appreciate that there is digital control of more things.
Updated to 2.6 last month and haven't explored all the improvements yet.

The GIMP has complete scripting functions.  Unfortunately, you have to
write the scripts in text.  AFAIK, it still lacks record and a GUI
script editor

DBP looks like a good idea.

You can also write Bash scripts using ImageMagick to do basic things to
images.  See the man page for "convert"

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch