[kde-linux] About KDE4's compositing

Yuking_net yuking_net at sohu.com
Sun May 10 13:27:57 UTC 2009

? 2009?05?10? 13:50, Esben Mose Hansen ??:
> On Saturday 09 May 2009 19:40:17 Yuking_net wrote:
>
>> Every time I enter KDE4, its compositing is always disabled. I have to
>> press CTRL_SHIFT_F12 to enable it. Why?
>> My video card: HD4850, using AMD's offical driver
>>

> Is System settings->Desktop->Enable desktop effects ticked off?

Yes, desktop effects are enabled.
And I found a interesting thing, that is, when the KDE4's login window
is showed, if I enter my username and password directly,  KDE's
compositing will be disabled. However, if I switch to other tty first(
such as pressing ctrl_alt_F1), and press alt_F7 switching back to the
login window immediately, then, everything is OK now. So strange...