[kde-linux] Clear screen on konsole

Erbureth Erbureth at seznam.cz
Sun May 3 22:20:21 UTC 2009

Hi, Alain
>more info...
>
>Alain M. escreveu:
>> Hi Erbureth,
>>
>> Erbureth escreveu:
>>> You can use DCOP interface, for example
>>> $ clear
>>> $ dcop konsole-[pid] session-[session#] clearHistory
>>> works for me
>>
>> How do I get the session# ?? Geting the pid is no problem within a script...
>>
>> I tried
>>    dcop konsole-21746 session-0 clearHistory
>>    dcop konsole-21746 session-1 clearHistory
>> assuming that the first session should be 0 or 1, and the pid I got from
>> ps. But nothing happened, both from inside the session or from another
>> konsole

Session numbering should start from 1

> I just noticed that if I issue from another konsole, the history does
> get cleared, but not the screen. But the command is not accepted from
> within the same konsole (same ambient and same script)
>
> it is easy to clear the screen with clear, but how can I issue that
> command from the seme script??

Issusing clear followed by dcop command in the same session worked for me
(tried it from both Konsole and Yakuake). I am using KDE 3.5.10, so I am not sure
about 4.x versions...

Hope that helps
Erbureth

PS: Sorry about previous multipost, it was beyond my control.