[kde-linux] Policy Kit.

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Mon Mar 30 18:51:02 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

Running "Open SuSE 10.2  KDE 3.5.5 Desktop"

I'm having a problem with "Cannot lookup privilege from PolicyKit"
errors.

I have a USB card reader that I use like a memory stick but store data
on SD Cards.  Sometimes maybe 50/50 I get the above message.
It also happens with floppy disks and USB hard drives.

I get exactly the same thing if I try to mount manually.

If I do a reboot and try again it often lets me read the USB device
normally.

What can I do if anything to prevent this nuisance !

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.