[kde-linux] non KDE linux question

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Mar 15 05:28:33 UTC 2009

Sorry for a non-KDE question ...

I have some PATA > SATA adapters (to connect IDE hard drives to SATA
connectors). According to the vendor, neither the adapters nor the
drives attached to them will appear in the BIOS, but they should appear
to the OS. Their example is (of course) Windows-based, but the devices
require and provide no drivers. I particularly picked these adapters
because one of the reviewers who had bought one was booting Linux from a
drive attached to the adapter ...

So how can I figure out where the drives attached to these devices are
showing up, so I can add them to fstab?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com