[kde-linux] KuickShow under KDE 4

jim jimtrish at att.net
Thu Jun 25 15:05:08 UTC 2009

Anne, Rex, Tyrer

Thanks for the help/info on Kuickshow. It sounds like there is
a chance I will be able to get it working on my system
eventually. I only need it for viewing photos and the corresponding
imbedded user comments (metadata-info). I use ImageMagick
(and occasionally gimp) for image manipulation.
As far as video cards, ill have to do some research on your inputs, I'm
not familiar with the XAA vs EXA issue. My video card is an 'NVIDIA
GeForce FX' (desktop workstation).

Anne, yes digikam allows one to view/add/edit user metadata but I
have hundreds of photos already organized in directories and don't
wish to have to import them into a collection of 'albums'. I'm old
fashioned and prefer the freedom of cmd line vs GUI for most of my work.

Regards,
JimP