[kde-linux] ksnapshot saved file size

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 00:02:06 UTC 2009

Felix Miata wrote:

> I appreciate the time it took Bruce and Dale to answer, but neither answer
> has anything to do with the question asked. I know what Gimp and ImageMagick
> can do, but the question was explicitly about what KSnapshot can or cannot
> do. I should think it might be possible for a recent KSnapshot version to do
> what considerably previous KSnapshot versions could do, as explained in the
> URL provided in the OP.
>
> I case it wasn't clear, which I think it was, is I want smaller image _file_
> sizes only, _not_ smaller images. For all I care about the quality, in most
> cases they could be purely gray scale. I usually take screenshots to capture
> object relationships (size not important) and sizes (size very important),
> not for color fidelity (totally irrelevant usually).

I think the point of our replies is that what you want can't be done.
There is really nothing to configure with Ksnapshot.  I, and most likely
the other person, were giving ideas on how to work around the issue you
are having.  Otherwise, you would have not gotten any replies at all.

Maybe you can find the developer and ask for this feature.  They may
include it in a later version.

Dale

:-)  :-)