[kde-linux] Keeping applications on the selected desktop

occam occam at internode.on.net
Wed Jun 10 02:24:10 UTC 2009

I organise my work in desktops; one for file management, one for WWW, one for
PIM etc. Each desktop has the appropriate applications open for instant
access.

When I tried KDE4 I found that clicking on a URL in say KMail MOVED the
browser to the current desktop.  Also when seeing on the panel that new email
had arrived, clicking the mail icon moved KMail to the current desktop.

Believing that this was a KDE4 "feature", I went back to KDE 3.10.

However, when testing PCLinuxOS 2009 I found that KDE3.10 there also had that
(to me) nasty application move feature. Of course I tried to find some
appropriate setting in about:config, but no luck.

My hope is that someone can tell me how to defeat the application
move "feature", or else give a lead to where such information can be found
(or maybe what search terms to use?).