[kde-linux] Klauncher keeps spawning konqueror

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:39:05 UTC 2009

david wrote:
> Does problem go away if you create a new user or rename your ~/.kde
> folder? If so, might be something mangled in settings or config ...
>
> AG wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Is it just me, or have others noticed that when a link is followed from
>> within Kmail, konqueror is spawned repeatedly and then finally crashes,
>> only to restart and crash, seemingly ad infinitum?  This happened
>> regardless of whether I logged into Gnome, KDE or Xfce4 - the panel
>> would become filled with icons of klauncher trying to open the link in
>> konqueror.  Unfortunately, attempting to set the system default browser
>> to open the Kmail links didn't work.  It keeps on invoking klauncher for
>> konqueror.  The only work around at this point seems to be to copy and
>> paste the URL into Opera or Iceweasel.
>>
>> This is so bad that the only way to stop it is to log out and back in again.
>>
>> I am using Debian Squeeze.
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas?  I can't seem to see any bugs registered.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> AG

Hello David

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I'm sorry, I was under the
impression that if one renames the ~/.kde folder then the system will
not know where to store/load files.  This could merely be an error in my
thinking though.  I haven't created a new user to test it, but that
shouldn't be too difficult to do.  I'll give that a go and see what
happens and report back.

Cheers

AG