[kde-linux] Klauncher keeps spawning konqueror

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:48:35 UTC 2009

Hello

Is it just me, or have others noticed that when a link is followed from
within Kmail, konqueror is spawned repeatedly and then finally crashes,
only to restart and crash, seemingly ad infinitum?  This happened
regardless of whether I logged into Gnome, KDE or Xfce4 - the panel
would become filled with icons of klauncher trying to open the link in
konqueror.  Unfortunately, attempting to set the system default browser
to open the Kmail links didn't work.  It keeps on invoking klauncher for
konqueror.  The only work around at this point seems to be to copy and
paste the URL into Opera or Iceweasel.

This is so bad that the only way to stop it is to log out and back in again.

I am using Debian Squeeze.

Anyone got any ideas?  I can't seem to see any bugs registered.

Cheers.

AG