[kde-linux] Slow konqueror tabs

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Jul 24 10:16:02 UTC 2009

Thomas Olsen <tanghus at gmail.com> posted
200907241118.17909.tanghus at gmail.com, excerpted below, on  Fri, 24 Jul
2009 11:18:17 +0200:

> Is it just me experiencing that it takes a very long time for Konqueror
> to close a tab with a loaded web page. I usually open links i in
> Akregator externally in Konqueror but when I close the tab again it
> takes ~3 long seconds.
>
> This is in Konqueror Version 4.2.96 (KDE 4.2.96 (KDE 4.3 RC2)) on
> Kubuntu Jaunty.

FWIW, I've not seen that here on 4.2.4, Gentoo/~amd64.  I haven't been
running the rcs.

As for 4.3-rcs, note that there's an rc3 out just yesterday, now.  4.3
release is now scheduled for August 4, IIRC.  (They had a couple bad bugs
they fixed and decided on another rc as a precaution.  Take a look at the
dot, and probably on the kde home page as well, for the announcement,
which mentioned a couple bugs but since I've not been running the rcs,
they didn't register well enough for me to remember what they were.)

Anyway, hopefully someone with at least one of either distribution, or
version, will answer and give you something better than my datapoint to
work off of, but I figured my reply is better than nothing, and if
nothing else, you know there's a newer rc out to test, now.