[kde-linux] kwifimanager crashed

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:22:43 UTC 2009

On 07/20/2009 12:04 PM, Anne Wilson wrote

On Monday 20 July 2009 19:55:36 JD wrote:

>> >  >
>> >  >  I've just checked yumex and I can't find either kwifimanager or
>> >  >  knetworkmanager. ISTR that the last 'k' network manager I used was a KDE3
>> >  >  one.  It worked, sort of, in KDE4.
>> >  >

>> >  >
>> >  >  On my F11 netbook I use the network management widget.  It seems
>> >  >  absolutely fine now - the frequent line-drops of the past have almost
>> >  >  totally disappeared. It's my other laptop with Mandriva that has wicd.
>> >  >  It comes highly recommended, but I'd seriously suggest that you try
>> >  >  getting the widget working in Fedora.
>> >  >

> >  I guess I have to wait and see if any devs of kde apps
> >  can give me some clue.

Ah... I just realized that the binary package was from Connectiva distro
which very likely was compiled against a very different set of libraries.
I will rebuild it from source from sourceforge.net. I assume that is the
latest
location of the source. Is that correct?

Cheers,

JD