[kde-linux] kwifimanager crashed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:44:49 UTC 2009

On Monday 20 July 2009 16:35:42 JD wrote:
> On 07/20/2009 08:17 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Monday 20 Jul 2009 15:51:50 JD wrote:
> >> On FC11 i386,
> >> In kwifimanager, I clicked on Scan for Networks
> >>
> >> and it crashed. It popped up the crash banner which
> >> stated that it was not able to get a proper backtrace.
> >> Below is the content of the details of the crash.
> >>

> >> This backtrace appears to be of no use.

<snip<

> Hi Ann,
> and thank you for responding.
>
> # yum install kdenetwork-debuginfo
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> Setting up Install Process
> No package kdenetwork-debuginfo available.
> Nothing to do
>
> I am using these repos:
>
> fedora-rawhide.repo
> fedora.repo
> fedora-updates.repo
> fedora-updates-testing.repo
> rpmfusion-free-rawhide.repo
> rpmfusion-free.repo
> rpmfusion-free-updates.repo
> rpmfusion-free-updates-testing.repo
> rpmfusion-nonfree-rawhide.repo
> rpmfusion-nonfree.repo
> rpmfusion-nonfree-updates.repo
> rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing.repo

Hmm - rawhide?  You may have to ask on the Fedora Testing list.  I have

rpm -qi kdenetwork-debuginfo
Name        : kdenetwork-debuginfo         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 4.2.96                            Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1.fc11                        Build Date: Fri 17 Jul 2009
09:52:41 AM BST
Install Date: Sat 18 Jul 2009 05:37:08 PM BST      Build Host: babbage.unl.edu

The Vendor field is missing, but I think it almost certain that I got it from
Rex's kde-fedora repo.  It is only a couple of days old, so it's probably from
his testing repo.  HTH