[kde-linux] Using GTK+ Theme with it's colorscheme?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Jul 11 09:46:48 UTC 2009

Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar at freenet.de> posted
20090711095115.2ba15a65 at freenet.de, excerpted below, on  Sat, 11 Jul 2009
09:51:15 +0200:

> Am Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:48:50 -0500
> schrieb Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Christopher Roy
>> Bratusek<zanghar at freenet.de> wrote:
>> > as I switched from GNOME 2 to KDE 4 and my Engine is not yet
>> > available for Qt (and won't be in the near future), I'm using the
>> > GTK+ Option to use it for Qt apps, too, execpt that this abstraction
>> > far from beeing perfect, it does not use my themes default color
>> > scheme, is there a way to achieve this?
>>
>> try gtk-kde4:
>> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/gtk-kde4?content=74689
>
> I want it exactly the other way round: Qt apps using GTK+ Style, and
> this is already working: But the Qt apps do not adopt my GTK+ Styles
> Color Scheme, that's the point.

Just a note...  Most of the folks here run KDE, either 3.5 or 4.x, thus
know about running GTK and GNOME on KDE, but not so much the other way
around.  Thus you're not particularly likely to get folks that know
enough about GTK/GNOME to help with that, tho it's possible you'll get
lucky.  I'd suggest that for what you want, KDE apps running GTK/Gnome
colors, you'll have more luck asking on the GTK/Gnome lists.

But as I said you may get lucky...  One never knows what sort of experts
are hanging around a particular list at a particular time, and I've
learned all sorts of stuff from the "wrong" list, over time. =:^)